Grow tents for weed help to keep things easy when you’re growing your cannabis plants, and are a perfect choice for anyone who wants to grow indoor small amounts of marijuana – say 1 to 5 ounces per month. Grow tents for weed are easy to set up and convenient to use, they offer a lot of benefits for anyone who is keen to grow marijuana indoors, or the climate leave no other choice.
Why Choose A Grow Tent For Indoor Marijuana?
Grow tents for weed are pretty cheap and are designed specially to facilitate growth. In contrast, if you try to set up an indoor weed grow space of your own with identical characteristics such as airtight vents, waterproofing, lightproofing and reflective walls, it will probably cost you significantly more than the cost of a good weed grow tent and you will have the extra difficulty of planning and setting up the space yourself.
Quick and easy to set up, grow tents for weed only take an hour or a few to put together and can be done by virtually everybody.
Discretion – grow tents for weed prevent light and smells of marijuana buds (flowers) from being released into the surrounding and are discreet enough to tuck away in a corner or closet without attracting unwanted attention.
Perpetual harvesting – grow tents (if several) are ideal for having two separate growing spaces for your weed i.e. one for flowering when the buds appear and the other for the vegetative state so that you can have a perpetual harvest of world-class pot.
Easy Way Of Creating A Perfect Growing Environment
Grow tents for weed allow you to recreate nature but in ideal conditions. When you opt for a grow tent, you have many environmental factors taken care of for you.
Grow tents offer a number of environmental benefits including:
You can maximize your LED grow lights thanks to the reflective walls.
Grow tents have been specially designed for weed and to accommodate all of the most common grow equipment. LED Grow lights can easily be hung and adjusted, a fan can easily be hooked up and there are vents and ports already provided for extra convenience.
Grow tents have been constructed to stop leakage of light either out of or into the tent. This helps plants to produce maximum numbers of bulbs while also helping to make your growing stealthy.
As grow tents are easy to clean and are waterproof, spills will be kept from damaging the floor and its floors and walls can easily be wiped down for low maintenance.
As grow tents for weed are sealed and equipped with inbuilt air ports and vents, it’s easy to install a fan and achieve optimal airflow. This will ensure that your cannabis plants get enough carbon dioxide — a.k.a. CO2 — and that heat buildup won’t be a problem.
Odour won’t be a problem when you use a grow tents for weed crops indoor since you can use a carbon filter. As negative air pressure is generated in the sealed space, so long as a fan is on, the doors are closed and the carbon filter is in place, no smells can leak into your home.
Choosing The Right Size Indoor Tent
There are many different grow tent models available for weed growing in a range of sizes and it can sometimes be tricky to know which is the right one for you.
The best size for an indoor hobbyist is probably either a 2′ x 4′ (61 cm x 122 cm, floor area) or a 4′ x 4′ (122 cm x 122 cm, floor area). These are designed to accommodate the most popular LED grow lights. New growers will have plenty of room to grow a decent size yield but it won’t be so large that it’s overwhelming. You will be able to obtain convenient access to all of the plants, even those right at the back, however you will still be able to use a full sized grow light. If you would like to grow a larger yield, a 4′ x 4′ tent can accommodate the largest grow lights and it also has more height without being so large that it is unmanageable. Practically a tent with a bigger floor area is taller, but not always.
Height is important, with a minimum of 5 feet (152 cm) being essential and 7 feet (213 cm) being a better choice. This is because you won’t want your plant to grow into the light and accidentally get burned. If you have more height, you can use a more powerful light and therefore grow TALLER PLANTS with LARGER BUDS.
What To Look Out For
While you may be tempted to opt for an expensive all singing, all dancing grow tent, but the cheaper grow tents for weed are often just as good with almost all of the features that you’d find in the most expensive models.
2′ x 4′ x 5′ tents – A Little Short
61 cm x 122 cm x 152 cm (where 152 is height)
These 2′ x 4′ x 5′ tents are a little short, so unless you lack the space in your home for a taller model, this size is not ideal. If you need to go for this size, you will need to ensure that you watch how high your plants are growing.
4′ x 4′ x 7′ tents – Supporting Larger Grow
122 cm x 122 cm x 213 cm (where 213 is height)
These 4′ x 4′ x 7′ tents for weed are ideal for supporting larger grow lights and will give you plenty of height to accommodate taller plants and LED lights: more powerful for better yields, placing them high enough not to burn the leaves.
Which Are The Best Grow Tents For Your Weed?
1. Width and height define number of cannabis plants, how many you can put onto the grow tent’s floor.
2. Height is responsible for better yields, healthier plants, more potent lights to use.
Once you have decided on the right grow tent for weed to meet your needs, you need to decide on which manufacturer’s product you would prefer to use. Here are some excellent models that come in a range of sizes to suit different setups.
OSHION 4′ x 2′ x 5′ Grow Tent For Weed
122 cm x 111 cm x 152 cm
This small, reliable grow tent is small enough to fit in compact spaces. It boasts excellent light efficiency with 600D material which is heavy duty and will ensure fast and better plant growth. Quick and easy to assemble in just 20 minutes, it is still incredibly sturdy and durable and as it looks like a zip up wardrobe, it is very discreet as well as being simple to clean thanks to a removable spill tray.
APOLLO HortiCulture 36” x 36” x 72”
91 cm x 91 cm x 183 cm
This small grow tent is ideal for just a few plants but as it is completely lightproof and features a 100% reflective mylar lining, it ensures that plants will grow strong and quickly. Super quick and easy to assemble this is a sturdy and durable tent which is also pest-proof and able to keep an optimal room temperature.
Ipower 48” x 24” x 60”
122 cm 61 cm x 152 cm
This medium sized grow tent offers more room to grow more cannabis plants and is a simple to clean, low maintenance option thanks to a removable floor tray. 100% light proof, its quality reflective surface maximizes your grow light’s potential and as it repels pests and keeps an optimal room temperature, you will enjoy perfect growing conditions. Sturdy and odor-proof, it also boasts excellent ventilation.
Ipyramid 48” x 48” x 78”
122 cm x 122 cm x 193 cm
This mid-sized grow tent is affordable yet high quality, and is sturdy and durable. Allowing for precise control of humidity, light intensity and temperature, it also has mesh windows so you can check on your plants without opening the tent.
VIVOSUN HortiCulture 60” x 60” x 80”
152 cm x 152 cm x 203 cm
This large model is tear proof and heavy duty as well as being fully lightproof. It is also simple to install, despite its larger size and as it is very sturdy, it allows for fast and healthy plant growth.
VIVOSUN 96” x 48” x 80”
244 cm x 122 cm x 203 cm
The extremely large grow tent is only suited to very large spaces but is surprisingly simple to install, even for someone who has never installed a grow tent before. Durable and strong, it is made from quality materials and it boasts dual ventilation docks. This is a solid, long lasting tent that will keep light firmly inside and temperatures at the optimal level for good quality plants.
GORILLA GGT59 5′ x 9′ x 6’11”
152 cm x 274 x 211 cm
For the best possible quality, Gorilla grow tents are top of the range and come in a wide range of sizes. Made from 100% metal interlocking as well as heavy duty materials, this is a durable and sturdy tent that can be up to 7’11” in height to accommodate the tallest plants and thanks to its diamond reflection technology, your plants will get sufficient light. While this is an expensive model, it is perfect for serious growers as it can grow a lot of plants and can take a weight of up to 300lbs for plenty of grow lights.
How To Set Up Your Grow Tents For Weed
When setting up your grow tent, you’ll need :
A grow tent, A grow light, A carbon filter.
1. Before you begin setting up your grow tent, you need to make sure you have the time and space to dedicate to the project. Clean up the area where you plan to build the tent and then do the construction in the place where you plan to keep it.
2. Hang your grow light using a rope ratchet as this will allow you to adjust the lights whenever necessary without accidentally dropping them on the plants. Ensure that the rope you choose to secure the lights can handle the weight.
3. Hang your exhaust fan in the tent as this will muffle the noise it makes while running and ensures that there is a straight path from the light to the fan for the best possible airflow and circulation.
4. Ensure you have a way of allowing fresh air into the tent. Usually, grow tents will have a removable vent at the bottom. The best way to get a good airflow without risking light leakage is to create a small light trap by facing down the intake vent enough to allow air through but no light.
5. Connect the carbon filter to remove any telltale odors. Hang it with a rope ratchet so it can easily be adjusted. You will need an airtight line between the fan and the carbon filter to make sure no smells escape. You will probably want the filter to be hung towards the rear of the tent so it won’t get in your way. So long as the fan is running and the tent stays shut, there should be no smells escaping into your property.
6. Now your tent is all set up, all you need to do is double check all of the components before you add your plants. Run a sound check to make sure your fans aren’t too noisy. Their sound can be hugely reduced by hanging them instead of allowing them to sit on the floor. By keeping them clean, you will also stop sounds from occurring. Water and air pumps should also be placed on something other than the ground as this will muffle any vibrations which cause excess noise. Next, check that no smells or light are escaping from the grow tent. Turn the light on and run the fan for a day to ensure that everything works as it should. You should see the tent’s sides bowing slightly inwards when the fan is turned on. This will mean that negative air pressure is being created and this stops odors from escaping into your home while the tent remains closed. Also check that you have attached the carbon filter securely to the exhaust fan and no air can leak out or in. Having a strong seal will guarantee that all air leaving the tent will pass through the filter first to remove all smells. Also walk around you home once at each time of day to check for any telltale sounds, smells or lights.
7. Finally, run a safety check. Everything inside your grow tent should be completely secure with all electronic equipment off the ground in case of an accidental water spillage. Ensure no cords are hanging in the tent as this will ensure greater safety too.
8. Now you are ready to add your container with its growing media and seeds in it. All you need to do is to give your plants nutrients and water them regularly and then when they have reached 6 weeks, put the grow lights onto a timer which turns on and off in 12 hour cycles and you buds will begin to grow within one or two weeks.
An indoor grow tent for weed is a practical and convenient way to grow cannabis plants inside your home and is the easiest way to obtain a perfect growing environment for the best quality product.