Populated by Alice B. Toklas, also known by the movie “I love you Alice B. Toklas” from 60’s, the explorer, the author, she gave a cookbook to the world as an ultimate summary of her adventures. The book includes a hashish recipes among other yummies, and is also a biographic cookbook. Might be dope!
Moroccan Hashish Candy
However many link this Alice B’ Toklas recipe to the Moroccan traditional candy, and we know or at least we have heard thousand times how rich with hashish is the Moroccan dessert, supported by Berber culture: people live in desert, smoke dankest dank, they call it kif, make candies and ride camels over sand dunes glowing orange in the sunset, and no single stranger around – totally romantic. This is what she says in her book about that hashish love candy:
Euphoria and brilliant storms of laughter; ecstatic revelries and extensions of one’s personality on several simultaneous planes are to be complacently expected (from Alice B. Toklas cookbook)
The candy named Majoun, some say it is in Arabic a “love potion”, I do not know Arabic, let us believe it’s a true translation, no problem, sounds trustworthy enough. In Sri Lanka, in their Ayurvedic, they also use cannabis for aphrodisiac. And many stoners know for sure why it is so, hahahaha! Okay…
Here’s the recipe of Majoun Hashish Candy
1) Take dry marijuana bud, or shake (stems and leaves, but you’ll need a double amount of it rather if buds) and toast them over very low heat until the aromas are released. It is a good idea to use a cooking thermometer, if you’re up to cooking, and to cannabis cooking specifically, the thermometer is the tiny investment which helps you to master the THC output off your cannabis cookies. The process is called Decarb, which is the most important thing in cannabis cooking, it makes your weed POTENTIAL.
2) Mix the leaves with raisins, walnuts, nutmeg, anise, ginger, honey, and water, adding more water if the mixture is too dry and crumbly.
3) Simmer together until the mixture is soft and thick. Mash by hand. Some sources recommend a food processor to blend, using several short pulses, however cooking marijuana edibles is a mystery and a joy for the heart: like rolling blunts manually you enjoy it the best, when grinder is the only allowed machinery, cooking by hands always give fruits. Doing any cooking, even if not cannabis, by hands you feel it better, you are part of the process, and you master it every single time. Also you lose an amount of bud material in a blender.
4) Stir in cannabutter, spoon into a jar, and refrigerate for storage. Spread on crackers or plain cookies, or use as a filling for stuffed cookies. Majoun will keep for about 2 to 3 months refrigerated, people say.
Content is King was once said by a genius, the urban wisdom applies well to any market segment where the information is delivered, considering that all those games, apps, posts, tweets, gifs, etc, are content. And it also works pretty good as far as for selling tomatoes in a farmer market where content is tomato, yet we narrow this article to digital content in a niche of cannabis. The logic is simple: in the world of information the importance of information (or content) is logically vital. The cannabis market, boiling, plopping and madly growing, of course is not an exception.
You will not give a Wine-company to a Tea-turtle to run the whole business, or will you?
The knowledge of cannabis cultivation and marijuana consumption, have been being developed for a miriad of years before us, eventually hidden from public in a recent history for awhile, and then — all that damn huge whole ton of content, all tricks, discoveries, wow-facts and historical records — everything about the beautiful plant evalanched upon us within a period of only a few years in a form of re-posting, re-tweeting, drawing and re-drawing, whatever else doing. In other words, cannabis content formed a so-called “comfort zone” due to exceeding amount of content and innormally HIGH demand: we were hungry after the prohibition paying less attention to the creativity going down.
A huge wave has happened at once! And quite suddenly has gone! The reckless spending of content has formed the core of a problem we face now about the quality of the information about marijuana. The Colossus, the cannabis content, unleashed, but having the weakness in his feet of clay, he cracked and no content left. We’ve read it all about COBs and LEDs, and all kinds of ganja girls enhaling from all sorts of bongs, and we certainly know how to distinguish between male and female plant. Too heavy, too much, and quite suddenly. An army of puff-puff-passing people in socials do not encourage us anymore, losing that “comfort zone”, yet still trying on because of “what else to do?”, because it WAS the comfort zone, they start to panic.
Stash and Cash in Monte Carlo
Romantic directions first: Uphill from the marina, to the west, there stands the royal Palace of Monaco, on the very top of the hill you find the beautiful view over the whole city of Monte Carlo, way too romantic, old fort cannons, and nobody in the night. To the east from the marina, take a walk along the sea in the direction to Casino and the tunnel, the embankment is cute and a little windy, featuring another beautiful topview over the parked sailboats, almost nobody around in the late hour. After the tunnel, where the F1 track turns from the casino park into the tunnel, pass by the tunnel, pass by the turn, and pass a little longer, till the main beach, and where the piers are going into the sea with a lane of auto-shops opposite to them, it’s windy there in the far end of the piers, and a rare person wanders that far, city view is also another beautiful discovery. These are where you can hit a blunt in Monaco, safe enough, calm and romantic (do not forget to check the current possession and consumption laws before doing). And we shall get back to the content, we mention the steady tiny paradise of cash for another reason:
Imagine, you have a few thousand of whatever currency in a wallet, you make a “damn it, life is short” decision, and in the next moment… You are in Monte Carlo having a bag of stash and a bag of cash simultaniously, okay? A thrilling emotion in life, and you realize quite soon it was like a Disneyland and also much shorter than estimated. Same is about the online cannabis content in its currrent state of the marijuana online market: the uncontrolled reckless spend of huge knowledge base led us to an empty stock just in two-three years. And it does not necessarily mean useless or not funny, no way! It was funny enough, but we need a reload.
High Times story? Here it is in brief —
A sad story about wrong time, wrong place, and one mistake by another. Yet the main one was content: doing content all the time (in offline), people got totally lost in directions in the new environment (internet) and no adequate director to direct those directions into proper direction.
1. The very reputable magazine arrived from offline into online, the knight in the blistering armour, right from the hippie era of the 1970s, where they have never felt competition due to an obvious lack of brave men in times of prohibition, and they landed right into the pool of digital sharks where the survival is a harsh enterprise, many may agree! Aparently being under-experienced.
2. The million dollar company made a website based on a free template, which is wordpress, and which is a very ridiculous fact by itself. They’ve made it worse by putting on top a 70-buck worth skin, slowing down the already slow and problematic solution, which translates to the whole system was “slow as hell”. You lose speed, you lose visits. Okay, that wordpress aren’t that bad, it has many advantages along with the same amount of disadvantages, yet I believe a million dollar company has a very different purpose if compared to a yesterday-computer-class-student, logic-wise, do u agree?
3. For half a century they’ve been focusing on culture but entering in the field where they have no experience (namely, cannabis internet market) they suddenly have changed the main focus to… OMG… medicine. A unique source of content, aged and strong, apeared to its loyal supporters in a form of a pile of stock-market content, just like a thousand of websites around them, losing its superiority and trust. Cancer has replaced love, what a shame, that is what has happened in reality.
4. And the confirm kill. Ready? If you ever be managing a big marijuana company, feeling yourself extremely suicidal some day, apply then the High Times strategy: Hire a non-stoner manager to run the stoner’s iconic company. HAHAHAHAHA! Big badaboom! Well, this is a personal opinion, and so is this whole website, and for me he does not appear much like a proper dude, neither behaves like one, still asking for cash in the mailing list.
I’ve once been doing business to a game company, a big brand, they opened a branch in Brazil with a Brazilian director in charge, and their competitors opened a branch in Brazil with a French director in charge. My brazilian dude, when we got drunk when met, was telling me, practically loughing his guts out:
“And they hired a French to talk to Brazilians, AAAAHAHAHAHAHA”
Now guess which company of these two failed first? The cultural differences exist when you are in the international arena, not a myth, and they matter, the semi-automatic daily customs play a certain role in communication, telling jokes and reacting jokes, negotiation, perception of anything and everything, oh they play a role. Any habbits alter the mind, and the psychedelic habbits do alter the mind even more: If your readers are baked, make your writer being baked professionally, it will put him to where the readers are. You will not give a wine company to a tea-turtle to run it, or will you?
Anyway. Good bye High Times, we still love you, in a hope you’ll recover soon. Of course they still gain their part of the “organic traffic” even now: from making it about being sick they have switched now to the legislation in making, the useless, the dullest part, even for professionals, and no fantasy – like if that “traffic” are not people, loyal men with heart and soul, who want to love your goods forever.
In respect to the copyrights and the fair use doctrine — the laughing animation above is from giphy.com — the head image we’ve spotted in twitter at @ mzstoned — the surfing picture spotted at @ SPACECANNABIS while the printed link says @ DryBuds — okay we all share supporting the whole idea of internet — in case of any doubt give us a shout
The Funnel is Narrow !!
Enter ye into the narrow gate, because wide is the gate and broad is the way which leadeth to distruction, and many be there, because small is the gate and narrow the path which leadeth to life, and only few be there, —
— that is what Bible says about funnels in the marijuana industry, heh.
“Half of the world smokes dope”, okay, that’s right, without a prejustice to that “half”. Yet it does not mean for you as a hiring party any wider opportunity, Nay! Indeed you have a smaller opportunity, because from all managers you have less than a half knowing the topic, from all drivers, farmers, office managers, software geeks, you have less than a half keen to dope. Mathematically. Don’t be trapped. Cannabis is not a profession, it is a culture.
You cannot find specifically a “cannabis specialist”, yet you can find a desired specialist who is also a passionate stoner, and the latter is the proper choice and the otherwise is often a mistake. I’m not insisting at all, but this is logic, basically. You want performing it good in the cannabis niche, why not then to hire those who has, along with the professional skillset, also a deep understanding and feeling about the cannabis passion for life. The funnel is narrow.
ABC of Cannabis Content Tips and Tricks
A. Love is the Business Strategy
It is not a pill that we are trying to monetise, and it is not a cure, even though it cures. It is a cultural and a very spiritual thing, used like one for ages. “Psychedelic” comes from “psycho” which means “soul” in Greek, not a medicine and not a pill. Culture is the strongest advantage if used for a business strategy, and Love is the strongest strategy for any market, except for the products which are about hate and evil from the beginning (hahahaha) yet the cannabis market is definitely not a one. Think love and all will be well. Make love to be a number one keyword and let us see how the message will change and the rankings will grow.
Helping to other dudes is essential, we are not many, even if an army yet the finite number anyway. Our website never refused giving a hand, you are very welcome to contact us for any reason with any nature of your request. We just do not like spooky things and avoid illnesses, we stand for love and we do it for fun, we like being in touch to anybody doing it for fun. Even if making money it is still fun the approach.
B. Cannabis is Creative by Definition
The whole market says how the green grass changes effectively the way of thinking, so enjoy it and bring it to the content then. The first and easy step is to give up (or better forget at all) the stock images, where the majority of them made by photographers, who had never had a single splif. Faking the music is impossible! It is simple to shoot everything when baked, if this is your way of life, and some such works may really work. The upper image about “gummy bears” I made totally without any purpose by a poor camera, and people like it more than tecnically-higher quality from a stock photography — why? — because there is a piece of soul in it and an intoxicated mind positively and automatically helps when doing such creations.
Cannabis is about soul, I tell’ya. You never get anything “marijuanish” from any random designer, you need an obsessed one bearing his own version of a hippie way of thinking in the mind, his works will make stoners laugh and by that become loyal.
C. Cannabis is Not a Profession by itself
Marijuana is not a profession, it is in fact a culture, or a cultural layer, and a state of the mind. You are a stoner, so be a stoner, and there is a lot of marijuana content right in your profession, you need not make growing content if you do not wish it, because marijuana is indeed the cultural layer throughout all professions.
Speaking bluntly —
1 — for example marijuana games can be ordered to a “normal developer”, and he would be thinking that marijuana games should contain weed smoking and the related symbols as the very principal idea. Nay!! Such guy could never complete the order at HIGH quality, because the stoner-dev would think aparently about games good to play when stoned, the games he would love to play when stoned, and this makes the huge difference. The symbols and rastafarian colors and other stuff would not harm of course, yet they would never be the key point.
2 — the cannabis Chef 420 recipes are heavenly tasty even without any infusion, because he is a genious Chef by profession, making a fit of cannabutter to his best of the best yummies. Find the beautiful selection of those in the handy cookbook: it’s free, it works in offline, full of essential edible recipes, and easy tutorials of how to infuse anything your fantasy may only allow. You need not any special equipment but you’ll want a thermometer — did you know why?